Veterans Treatment Court promotes public safety by holding justice-involved military veterans accountable for their behavior while providing treatment and support through a team-based approach and frequent judicial monitoring.
Every veteran participant is recognized as an individual who should be treated with respect and dignity to promote positive and productive life changes. The Court strives to identify and treat underlying substance abuse and/or mental health issues that have contributed to criminal justice involvement by coordinating and collaborating with veterans’ service delivery systems, community-based services, victim advocacy groups, and criminal justice agencies.
The GOALS of the Veterans Treatment Court are to:
- Increase public safety by reducing criminal recidivism
- Facilitate participant sobriety and increase compliance with treatment and other court-ordered conditions
- Improve access to VA benefits and services
- Increase social stability in the areas of housing, education/training, and employment
- Increase pro-social community connections
Veterans Treatment Court is presided over by Judge Margie Enquist and is held every Tuesday at 10:00 a.m. in Courtroom 4D at the Jefferson County Courthouse, 100 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden, CO 80401.